Last week, Michelle came down to Arizona and we got to spend time working on our business and having fun. Together, we taught classes that educate on natural solutions. For one of our classes, we gave samples of a DIY Ultra Moisturizing Natural Sunscreen. This recipe is very quick to make and has ingredients that can be found easily. It includes: olive oil, fractionated coconut oil, beeswax, zinc oxide, vitamin E, shea butter, and helichrysum essential oil.
- Olive Oil can be found at your local grocery store.
- Fractionated coconut oil can be purchased here.
- Beeswax can be purchased anywhere as long as it is 100$ pure and organic. White pellets are my personal recommendation. They can also be purchased on amazon.
- Zinc oxide can be found on amazon.
- Vitamin E Oil is available on amazon.
- Shea Butter can be purchased here.
- Helichrysm essential oil should be purchased in the Shop link here.
With this recipe, multiple batches can be made. It is also very simple to make and doesn’t require a lot of time.
However, it is not waterproof and will need to be reapplied frequently when swimming.
Hi, Brittany here!
My youngest two kids have the most sensitive skin ever. Any type of stress makes their skin break out in a rash, usually in the form of eczema. Also, any type of chemical. That is why I have started to switch my household products to more natural options. I use a fabulous homemade laundry detergent that I love on my clothes. The other day a friend of mine was watching my kids and wanted to let them play outside so she put sunscreen on them, which I appreciated, but it caused their skin to break out. I used this sun screen just this last weekend at the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving point in Utah, all of us used it and not one of us got sun burnt! I love the texture of this cream! It doesn’t leave a sticky residue feel like normal sunscreen. The only thing I would want to improve is the smell, which I will try to change the next I make it by adding additional essential oils. Let us know how you like this sunscreen in the comments below! We would love to hear from you!
Brittany and Kaydee